Friday, November 28, 2008

Goodbye, Mr. President

Someone on facebook shared this and I thought it was great so I wanted to share with you.

November 28, 2008
Goodbye, Mr. President
From StevenCurtisChapman.com:
Whether you voted for him & love him, or you’ve disagreed with all his policies and dislike him... Could we all agree on this? We owe President Bush a sincere thank you. As the historic Inauguration of President Elect Barack Obama approaches, StevenCurtisChapman.com pauses to thank our outgoing President for his service to our great country. This Thanksgiving weekend, we hope you’ll enjoy a new song by Steven written in President Bush’s honor. [HT: Tim Challies]
I spent Thanksgiving being reminded of the many things for which I am thankful. Among those things for which I am most grateful were obviously my salvation through Jesus Christ and the family he has so richly blessed me with, namely my wife and daughter. However, I also spent time thanking him for those who have helped keep me safe and provide me with the freedoms I so often take for granted. As the country of India has been rocked by terror over the past few days, I was reminded once more of the fact that it has been 2,635 days since the last terror attack on our soil on September 11, 2001. For that, I wish to say: "Thank you, Mr. President. For all of the ridicule you endured, thank you. For the stand that you took against the terrorists who continue to wish for our destruction, thank you. For the way that you allowed your faith to inform your decisions, thank you. For the way that you stood up for the traditional model of marriage, thank you. And, for the way that you fought for the unborn children who are slaughtered every day, thank you. There are innumerable ways in which I am grateful for your service, devotion, and sacrifice. Thank you, Mr. President, for being a leader of which I can be proud."

1 comments:

King Family said...

Now that's good. Thank you Mr. President.